SHA Podcast 192 // Bruno FK
We are back on a local tip tonight and we have a feast of techno from Edinburgh favourite Bruno FK…
Bruno started DJ’ing back in 1999, playing at University nights with acts such as Lost Witness and Brandon Block. Promoters soon noticed his talent and he was asked to open the Edinburgh leg of the Euphoria Live Tour. During the summer of 2000 Bruno played weekly at The City Café for the Pre-Taste club, Touch, which provided a nice bit of local exposure for him.
Bruno went on to reach the Scottish finals of the Daily Telegraph/Vestax DJ competition in 2000 and 2001 and was a judge on the 2002 competition.
In 2001 he was asked to be a resident at Majestica. During his time there (from the very first to very last night) he played with legendary DJs like James Holden, Lucien Foort, Max Graham, Futureshock and Trisco – to name but a few. He also played at many other nights such as the legendary Taste, Exposure (Glasgow), Club Together, Soo Delcicious, Saturn and Shhhhhhh along with a regular Saturday night at the now defunct EH1 Bar and a 4 year+ residency at The Wash Bar.
As he moved through 2000 he concentrated on his passion for Techno and went on to play at a variety of nights such as Karnival, Freqbeat, Slashdot, Beatroot, Split, Headway (Dundee), Unlock the House, MON.O, Dirt, Az-Tech Presents and more.
Now a proud resident of Split and Compakt (which he co-promotes), you can catch him guesting at a variety of clubs such as Pulse, Kapital, Animal Hospital, Elementary, Edinburgh Techno Gathering, Evolve and a number of other notable nights. He also plays at the Outhouse alongside local talent such as Craig Ramsay (System Soundbar) and Neil Templar (Unseen/Dogma).
2010 seen the release of his Brain Switch EP, remix of Romart’s IdBehold and Mister Meanor’s This Can’t Go On (released on Modifi Recordings). The end of 2012 will see a couple more of his tracks on the major download sites along with a collaboration for Kris Meja’s debut album on Benefit Recordings.
1. Paul Woolford & Psycatron – Stolen
2. Kiko & Mihalis Safras – Mentos
3. Florian Meindl & Jukka Recerberi – Pictures (Himan’s Frame Work Remix)
4. The Badgers & Damolh33 – Rebirth of Dark (Nino Blink’s Phobos Remix)
5. Hatzler – Disquos (Gary Beck Remix)
6. Gabriel D’Or & Bordoy – Carbon 12
7. Abstraxion – Moribayasa (Argy’s Back to Techno Remix)
8. Spektre – Lexicon Lost
9. Spektre – Lashback (Filterheadz Remix)
10. Mark Reeve – Industrial (Tool Mix)
11. Bjoern Nafe – Charm Offensive (Remute Remix)
12. Gabriel D’Or & Bordoy – Carbon 7
13. Alex Bau – Smile In Your Face (Remute Replant)